Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

New to Blogging

Hi everyone! so i'm completely knew to the blogging world, and quite frankly have no idea what i'm doing - regardless of this, i wanted to create a blog for those who like me have a dream of becoming  midwife. I was lucky enough to be accepted at cardiff university to study midwifery, it was my first time applying and I had virtually no confidence that i would succeed, i think this was due to EVERYBODY'S reaction when I told them what I wanted to do, with comments such as 'oh it's so hard to get a place', 'it's so competitive, with all those applicants and only limited places' 'why don't you try nursing first and then do the short course' - not the most encouraging feedback! 
What I lacked in self confidence I made up for in the determination to prove people wrong and the perseverance to follow my dream. Both of these things paid off, and I literally could not believe that I am going to be a student midwife come september!!! 

Anyway.....(trying to keep this short) I will update this blog daily (hopefully) with    everything from top tips to prepare for interview, what you can do to improve your chances of getting a place, to updates of what i'm doing to get ready for september - and everything in between!. 










No comments:

Post a Comment